The Texas Aggie basketball team looks to end a three-game losing streak as the 1-4 Georgia Bulldogs…
Aggies Face LSU in Baton Rouge
The Aggies enter the match-up with a 12-5 overall record and a 2-2 mark in SEC games after dropping a hard-fought contest at Alabama on Saturday. Senior Elston Turner led the Aggies in scoring against the Crimson Tide, making 6-of-13 field attempts to finish with 13 points and record a double-digit point total for the 39th time in 49 career games at Texas A&M. Also against Alabama, freshman J'Mychal Reese scored 10 points, reaching double figures for the sixth time this season in back-to-back games for the first time during his young A&M career. On the glass, sophomore Kourtney Roberson led the team in rebounds (eight) for the third time in the last four games as the Aggies out-rebounded their fourth straight opponent.
LSU, meanwhile, brings a 9-6 overall record with a 0-4 mark in SEC games into Wednesday affair. The Tigers began the 2012-13 season with nine wins in 11 games, but have dropped road contests at Auburn and Georgia and home games to Florida and South Carolina to begin league play. The Tigers are led by first-year head coach Johnny Jones, who spent the previous 11 seasons as the head coach at North Texas.
TEXAS A&M-LSU SERIES NOTES
* Wednesday's contest will be the 24th meeting between the Aggies and the Tigers on the hardwood and the first as members of the SEC.
* The series dates back to the 1916-17 season during the early days of each school's men's basketball program ... LSU earned a 24-15 victory.
* The last meeting between the schools came on Dec. 20, 2008, when the Aggies defeated LSU 72-61 at Houston's Toyota Center.
* A&M head coach Billy Kennedy is 0-2 against LSU having faced them once while at Centenary and once as the head coach at Southeastern Louisiana.
* The series has been dominated by the home team with the Aggies holding a 5-0 record in College Station and the Tigers owning a 7-0 mark in Baton Rouge.
TigerSportsDigest.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Waiver Wire Wednesday
Dr. Roto believes Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry will overtake WR Brian Hartline as the team's No. 2 receiver sooner rather than later. Stay ahead of the curve with Dr. Roto!Read More
Giants Strike First In Game One Rout
The San Francisco Giants came out swinging in Game One of the 2014 World Series, scoring three times in the first inning and never looking back.Read More
Three of earth’s best ingredients combined into one succulent strip. Tailgaters will bow in appreciation.Read More
National Anthem Played with a Gun!
Musical targets? Yes, this guy plays the national anthem while shooting musical targets.Read More
Late Season Eastern Steel
NAFC friend, Frank Scalish, is best known for his achievements as a professional bass fisherman, but when the weather cools, the tourneys are over and the last bass has been weighed, he dons waders,…Read More